Mango can be eaten raw in any way and any time, mango and Keri come out in the summer season. Khata- sweet recipes made of raw mangoes are preferred all over India.
Aam ki launji are eaten also in Rajasthan, and therefore it can also be called summer recipes. It is made from a mixture of Keri (raw mangos), sugar, red chillies and many spices. I’ts delicious sour taste is its biggest feature.
In Gujarat, make mango chhunda by grinding raw mango, while Raw Mango Launji is made in Rajasthan and western Uttar Pradesh. You will love the sour sweet taste of mango ki langji (Kairi ki Launji). Aam ki Launji can also be kept in children’s tiffin with banquets. Let’s make mangoes today
Prep time 0 Hrs 20 Mins
Cooking time 0 Hrs 40 Mins
Serves 8 Person(s)
Cuisine Type Indian
Course Lunch , Dinner
INGREDIENTS FOR RAW MANGO LAUNJI,Kairi ki Launji
Raw mango – 300 grams (2 mango)
- Oil – 1 -2 tablespoon
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 teaspoon
- Fennel – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – Less than one quarter teaspoon
- Sugar or jaggery – 1/4 cup
- Salt – according to taste (1/4 teaspoon)
- Black salt – 1/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder – 2-3 Pinches
METHOD FOR RAW MANGO LAUNJI
- Heat oil in a kadai and splutter mustard seeds methi dana. Add aesfoetida, cut mango pcs, fennel seeds, all spices.
- Add 2 cups of water and cover the kadai and cook for 15-20 min till mangoes become soft and tender.
- The add jaggery and cook for another 15 min till the gravy becomes thick.
- Consistency of the gravy can be adjusted as per taste.
Digestive aam ki launji is ready.
If you keep it in the fridge then you can use it for 1 month.
In some parts of Rajasthan, the carri lungi is used instead of sugar, and it gives a great taste.
Also try our popular Sattu Drinks, mango ki launji, bel ka sherbet, rose syrup, chocolate chip ice cream, mango spinach, masala buttermilk, jackfruit koftas, jaljira, mango lassi, vanilla ice cream recipe. You may also like these recipes.