Hello friends, today we will make louki/bottle gourd muthiya on bookbaak.com .it is very tasty. It is a popular dish Gujrat. it has some time to cook .So friends let’s start.
Preparation time -20 minutes
Time to cook in -25 minutes
TOTAL TIME – 45 MINUTES
- Bottle Gourd/Lauki – 3 cups
- Wheat Flour-1-1/2
- Sooji -1cup
- Besan – 1/2cup
- Baking Soda -1/2 table spoon
- Salt – as per tast
- Red Chilli Powder-1 table spoon
- Turmeric Powder- 1/2 table spoon
- Coriander Powder – 1 table spoon
- Roasted Cumin Powder – 1tablespoon
- Asafoetida – 1/4 table spoon
- Chilli Past- 1 table spoon
- Lemon Juice – 2 table spoon
- Chopped Coriander Leaves – 1/2 cup
- Mustard Seeds – 1 table spoon
- Curry Leave -10-12
- Whole Red Chillie- 5-6
- Sesame Seed- 1 table spoon
- First fill some water in a steamer and turn on the flame.
- Now In a bowl add wheat flour, besan, sooji,baking soda, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder,roasted cumin powder, asafoetida, ginger chilli paste, lemon juice, 2 tblsp oil and mix well.
- Now, add some chopped coriander and grated bottle .
- Bottle Gourd /lauki and mix well and make dough. Do not add any extra water
- Now, apply oil on your hand and take a small portion of the dough.
- Make as many long round rolls from the dough as you can.
For cook Muthias-
- Now cover all the Muthiah rolls by putting them on a stand.
- Now allow Muthiya to cook for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Now put a fork inside the muthia to check if it is properly steamed and cooked. If the fork comes out clean, then the muthia is ready. Turn off the gas.
- Now let the muthia cool down and then cut it into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Heat oil in the pan and add mustard seeds, stiff leaves, whole red pepper, sesame seeds, and put the chopped muthiya in it.
- Now put coriander leaves. And cook for 5-6 minutes
- The gourd muthiya is now ready to serve. You can serve it with mint chutney, coriander sauce or tomato sose.
Friends, if you like our recipe or wish to get similar recipes please click on our page bookbaak.com.