All of you have heard the name of Plum(aaloo bukhaara).f Plum(aaloo bukhaara) is a very sweet bitter sweet fruit. Plum(aaloo bukhaara) chutney will be eaten by very few people. All of you have eaten it like fruit. But do you know that Plum(aaloo bukhaara) chutney is also made. Plum(aaloo bukhaara) Chutney is very delicious. Its chutney is cooked in northern India in wedding-parties etc. You also make Plum(aaloo bukhaara) chutney in your house by eating it and watching it. You will also like this sauce. Let’s say the recipe to make the Plum(aaloo bukhaara) chutney –
INGREDIENTS FOR PLUM(aaloo bukhaara) CHUTUTNEY
Plum(aaloo bukhaara) – 250gm
Sugar 300 gms
Almond – 12 to 15 (finely chopped)
Cashews – 12 to 15 (finely chopped)
Raisin – 12 to 15
Salt – 1/2 Tablespoon
Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 Tablespoon
Cardamom powder – 1/2 teaspoon
Peppermint paste – 2 tablespoons
Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds red, black, green, or blue plums (tart or sweet; about 5 large),quartered, pitted
Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon (roasted}
METHOD FOR PLUM(aaloo bukhaara) CHUTUTNEY-
- Finely grind star anise, clove, and cinnamon stick in spice mill or coffee grinder.
- Combine spice mixture, vinegar, sugar, ginger, mustard seeds, and pepper in heavy large saucepan.
- Stir over medium-high heat until sugar dissolves and bring to boil.
- Add plums; reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until chutney thickens and chunky sauce forms, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes. Cool. Season to taste with salt
- Now Add lemon juice to it.
- Now for Garnish, put cashews, almonds, raisins, green coriander leaves on top and serve them
- We can serve the potato chilli chutney with casserole, snacks, pakoras, tikki, etc
You can also reduce the quantity of dry fruits according to your size. You can also add vinegar to it. By adding vinegar, chutney does not get spoiled quickly. You can use it in the fridge for 1 month after frying the potato pudding chutney. But by adding vinegar, this sauce is suitable for use for a long time.