Hello friends ! Today we will make khoya (mawa) with milk.Traditionally khoya/mawa is prepared by evaporating milk and reducing it to its solid form. But at the same time with busy lifestyles and working families, I have come up with simple methods to prepare mawa at home without compromising the authenticity or taste. All the method shown below are pretty easy to make and you can have instant khoya ready in minutes.
Mawa is a dairy product made from milk. It is a condensed form of milk. It is easily available at dairies and stores in India. It is used to make many sweets and curry vegetables. Three types of Mawa are available in the market.
Friends, we can make many sweets from khoya. So we will learn to make a khoya before learning sweets. Making khoya with milk is very easy. It takes a little time to make it. So friends let,s start making us lose from milk.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time:1 hour 5 min
Festival – all festival
Meal type- veg
Ingredients for khoya(mawa) –
- 1 liter milk full cream
- Soaking or pan heavy base
- First of all, take a heavy base pan and add 1 liter milk to it.
- Allow milk to boil in a heavy bottomed utensil. Medium the flame when milk boils and stir after every 4-5 minutes.
- Now when the milk is half cooked and milk becomes thick
- Cook milk stirring continuously when it is dense like halwa. Turn off the flame when milk is reduced and Mawa is ready.
- when it cool than we can make many types sweet as – peda,barfi, ladoo etc
- we can Store in it fridge but use within 4-5 days.
- Use full cream milk to make you khoya