Hello friends! Today we will tell you about colds . Cold and cough does not spare anyone and most of us stock cold medicine at home. Today, we look at different home remedies for cold and cough.
Home remedies for colds
It helps by drying up a running and dripping nose and expels phlegm from the respiratory tract. Also, ginger is known to soothe a common cold to make it bearable and perhaps even speed up the recovery process.
- Get plenty of fluids. It helps break up your congestion, makes your throat moist, and keeps you from getting dehydrated.
- Need ideas for something to drink? Try water, sports drinks, herbal teas, fruit drinks, or ginger ale.
Make It Steam
- You can loosen up your stuffy nose if you breathe in some steam. Hold your head over a pot of boiling water and breathe slowly through your nose. But be careful. Don’t let the heat burn your nose.
- You can also get some relief with a humidifier in your bedroom. Also try to take in some moisture from a hot shower with the door closed
- The best way to use turmeric is as soon as you feel a scratchy sensation in your throat that indicates the onset of a sore throat or cough. Turmeric can help prevent the infection from The easiest way to use turmeric is as haldi doodh to make this drink take a teaspoon of haldi and add it to a glass of milk. Now boil the mixture and drink it while it is still hot. You can add some honey to the mixture too, in order to sweeten the drink and add to its antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Honey can be of great help in soothing an irritated throat as well as shortening the lifespan of a cold. The high amount of nutrients and enzymes in honey help kill bacteria and viruses that cause colds.
- The simplest home remedy is to consume a mixture of one teaspoon of lemon juice and two teaspoons of honey. Take it every two hours to get immense relief from your cold and sore throat.
- If you prefer, you can simply swallow a spoonful of raw honey
- Those suffering from a cold can get relief from homemade red onion syrup. To make the syrup, you will need red onions and honey or brown sugar.
- Slice two to three red onions horizontally. Put one slice of onion in a bowl and add raw honey. Repeat the process until the bowl is full.
- Cover the bowl and leave it for 12 to 15 hours. When you open the bowl, there will be thick liquid like syrup.
- Drink a spoonful of the syrup several times a day to get relief from sore throats and other symptoms of a cold.
How to prevent coughing
- In addition to learning how to treat a cough, you might want to learn how to prevent them in the first place. To protect against flu, make sure you get your annual flue shot, usually starting in October. Other steps you can take include:
- Avoid coming in contact with others who are sick. If you know you are sick, avoid going to work or school so you will not infect others.
- Cover your nose and mouth whenever your cough or sneeze.
- Drink plenty of fluids to stay hydrated.
- Clean the common areas of your home, work, or school frequently. This is especially true for counter tops, toys, or mobile phones.
- Wash your hands frequently, especially after coughing, eating, going to the bathroom, or caring for someone who is sick.
- Avoid more centuries and excessive fatigue labor.
- Avoid even crowded or dirty places.
- Avoid soaking in cold and more moisture and rain.
- Those patients who have colds, stay away from them.