Hello friends ,If you are bored of eating the regular Tawa Roti, then try this Rumali roti, which tastes amazing with spicy gravies and tandoori appetizer. It is a delicious mouth-watering recipe loved by the people of all age group.
you are impress your guest with your cooking style. So, don’t wait much and try this delectable North Indian recipe right away
Prep Time : 51-60 minutes
Cook time : 11-15 minutes
Serve : 4
Level Of Cooking : Moderate
Taste : Mild
Ingredients for Roomali Roti Recipe
- Whole wheat flour (atta) 2 cups
- Refined flour 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cold water as required
- Wheat flour for dusting
How to Make Roomali Roti
- Mix flour with salt.
- Rub in ghee till flour gets to be crumbs.
- Add water, knead into soft, pliable dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 40 minutes.
- Knead again till smooth, divide into small boll
- Shape into rounds.
- Roll as thin as possible using dry flour for dusting.
- Place one on back of palm.
- With circular movement in one direction, flip and rotate roti.
- This procedure will make the roti very thin.
- Invert deep tawa or heavy cast iron pan, and heat over gas.
- When hot, spread roti over inverted griddle and allow to cook.
- Tiny black spots will appear on it when done.
- This roti cooks very fast. Approx. 40- 45 seconds each.
- Fold like a handkerchief (roomali) before serving.
- Serve hot with gravy or vegetables.