Prep Time: 10 mins
read in hindi
This quick recipe of one of the easiest and most economical pickles to make and is used by most Punjabi households.
Winter is the perfect season for making ginger pickle as fresh ginger hits the market. High quality fresh ginger, that’s free of fibre, is available till March.
Cook time: 10 min
Total time: 30 min
Ingredients for Ginger Pickle Recipe
Ginger – 250 grams
Lemon (Nimbu) – 250 grams
Salt – 1 teaspoon
Black salt (Kala Namak) – 1 teaspoon
Asafetida (Hing) – 2-3 pinch (ground)
Black pepper (Kali mirch)– 1 tablespoon
Roasted Cumin seeds (Jeera)– 1 tablespoon.
How to prepair Adrak Achar
- Wash the lemons thoroughly. Wipe them dry using a dry kitchen towel.
- Cut 4 lemons into 2 halves each. Squeeze out the juice of the lemons. Separately keep aside the lemon juice and lemon skins.
- Cut 4 slits on each of the remaining lemons. Place all the lemons and lemon skins in a sterilised glass jar.
- Combine the lemon juice, salt, turmeric powder, green chillies, ginger and ground red chillies and mix well.
- Pour this mixture over the lemons. Press down the lemons in the jar with a spoon so that the lemon juice covers the lemons.
- Cover with a lid and keep in the sun for 10 to 15 days or until the lemons are soft and their skins give way under the pressure of your thumb. Toss the ingredients in the jar occasionally.